Are you afraid of the settings on your DSLR? Wondering how in the world (or WHY) to shoot in Manual mode? Learn how Julie uses her DSLR to photograph people. Some topics we will be covering:
- Manual settings explained
- Aperture explained
- Depth of field explained
- How to separate your subject from the background
- How to keep the eyes in focus w/ everything else out of focus
- What to do when you have multiple people in the photo
- How to keep kids in focus when they’re moving
- How to find the best natural light possible under the circumstances
No DSLR required but you're welcome to bring one and locate the settings as we talk. Anyone can take the class, but you will need to know where to find basic settings on your DSLR (you don’t have to know how to use them, but you need to know where they’re at).
We welcome any questions about Calotype studio techniques and the DSLR/lenses we use. Cost is 75. Email email@example.com to sign up. If a parent wants to attend with an adolescent, there is only one fee of 75 for both.